Early College of Denver High School seeks an English Teacher whom will utilize effective teaching methods to include direct instruction, cooperative learning structures, and sheltered instruction protocols to ensure student success and promote an exemplary educational program which fosters achievement for all students. The desired educator is one who is able to develop and promote good community relations among community and school clientele, assists with other school programs as assigned and creates a program and environment favorable to learning and personal growth in accordance with each student’s ability.
Whom we are looking for:
- You’re entrepreneurial and willing to do whatever it takes to create structure and order in a rapidly changing environment so our scholars receive the best education possible.
- You are passionate and dedicated to the success of others.
- You are a team player who believes that working hard and having fun go hand-in-hand.
- You have a deep dedication to and belief in Southwest Early College’s mission, educational model & values.
- You communicate fluently in written and spoken English.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited four-year institution, preferably in English
- Hold a current, valid Colorado teaching license with appropriate endorsements or possess required credentials to be classified as “Highly Qualified” under federal and state regulations.
- Experience in charter school and/or Early College programs preferred.
- Proficient in use of technology.
- Proficient in problem-solving and communication.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise a high level of tact and discretion in both internal and external interactions. Ability to motivate a team and work as a team member. Ability to create and maintain good working relationships with a variety of internal and external constituents.